Brussel Sprout Pizza
Yields 2-4 servings | Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 18-22 mins
1 pre-made whole wheat pizza crust dough ball (typically found in the deli)
1/2 tsp, minced garlic
1 tbsp olive oil, plus some for drizzling
Juice and zest of 1/2 small lemon
1/8 tsp kosher salt
1/2 bag or 10-15 brussel sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced crosswise
4 ounces of fresh mozzarella, sliced and drained
4 ounces smoked mozzarella, shredded
3-4 ounces of crumbled soft goat cheese
Red pepper flakes, to taste
Thinly sliced red onion or chopped roasted red peppers, for garnish (optional)
1. Bring dough to room temperature and stretch and shape on a slightly oiled baking sheet.
2. Preheat oven to suggested temperature per dough ball package instructions.
3. Combine the garlic, olive oil, lemon zest and juice and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Add the sliced brussel sprouts, tossing to coat.
4. Layer both of the mozzarellas over the dough. Top with the brussel sprout mixture, goat cheese and red onion/red peppers(if desired) and sprinkle red pepper flakes to taste.
5. Bake for suggested time provided on the dough package or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly, approximately 18-22mins.
6. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and serve immediately. Enjoy!