No Mac N Cheese
Yields 6 servings | Prep Time: 25 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins
3 tbsp butter or coconut oil
1 small onion, minced
1/4 tsp minced garlic
2 tbsp coconut flour
1 can (13.6 ounces) coconut milk
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp Kosher salt
2 cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 large head cauliflower, broken into bite-sized florets
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp ground flaxseeds (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter or coconut oil. Cook the onion, stirring for five minutes or until lightly browned.
2. Add the garlic and cook one more minute. Stir in the coconut flour and cook, stirring constantly for three minutes or until lightly browned.
3. Stir in the coconut milk, mustard, and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
4. Remove from heat and and stir in the cheddar and cauliflower until blended. Pour into greased baking dish.
5. Sprinkle Parmesan over the mixture and bake 30 minutes or until bubbling and lightly browned.
**Note** If you wish to add the flaxseed, combine it with the Parmesan before sprinkling it atop the dish.