Chocolate Breakfast Quinoa
Yields 2 servings | Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes
1 cup uncooked quinoa
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
1/4 tsp Kosher salt
1 tbsp pure maple syrup
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
Handful of dark chocolate chips (optional)
1/2 banana, sliced
3-4 strawberries, halved
Cinnamon, for garnish
1. Combine almond and coconut milks in a saucepan and heat to a boil.
2. Once boiling, add salt and quinoa. Stir to combine. Turn heat down and simmer for about 10-15mins (or when quinoa has soaked up all the milk,) stirring occasionally.
3. Remove from heat and add maple syrup and cocoa powder. Mix well.
4. Distribute quinoa from the saucepan into two bowls evenly. Add a few chocolate chips, banana slices, and strawberry slices to each bowl.
5. Sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy!