Updated: Oct 1
Anyone who has a house full of guests needs a quick, easy, delicious breakfast that still tastes like you spent hours preparing it. Luckily, this twist on french toast can be made the day before and with little effort.
Yields 12 servings | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Hold Time: Overnight + 30 minutes | Cook Time: 50 minutes
10 cups sturdy white bread (about 16 slices, cubed) Cooking spray 8 oz 1/3-less-fat-cream cheese, softened 8 large eggs 1 1/2 cups milk of choice 2/3 cup half-and-half 1/2 cup maple syrup 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For garnish: 2 tablespoons powdered sugar 3/4 cup maple syrup
1. Place bread cubes in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Beat cream cheese at medium speed of mixer until smooth.
2. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add milk, half-and-half, 1/2 cup maple syrup, and vanilla, and mix until smooth.
3. Pour cream cheese mixture over top of bread; cover and refrigerate overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 375°.
5. Remove bread mixture from refrigerator; let stand on counter for 30 minutes.
6. Bake at 375° for 50 minutes or until set. Sprinkle the soufflé with powdered sugar, and serve with maple syrup.