We are bending the rules of flavor over here. With a beautiful array of middle eastern flair then jam packed into a healthy and refreshing flatbread, this one is truly Insta-worthy.
Yields 2-4 servings | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Hold Time: 60 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes
For the chicken/tofu: 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast/or extra firm tofu 1 tbsp olive oil 1/4 plain greek/plant based yogurt 1 tsp paprika 1 tsp cumin 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp ginger 1/4 tsp black pepper 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp onion powder 1 tsp minced garlic 1tsp finely chopped parsley Wooden skewers
For the flatbread (this is the creative part): Naan bread (store bought typically comes in packs of 2) 4-5 tbsp favorite hummus 1/4 cup feta/plant based feta Favorite toppings: Cherry tomato, red pepper, olive, arugula
1. In a large bowl, mix olive oil, yogurt, paprika, cumin, salt, onion powder, ginger, black pepper, turmeric, minced garlic and parsley.
2. Add the chicken/tofu which has been cut into small pieces.
3. Mix all together to coat evenly in the marinade.
4. Cover and let it sit in the fridge for at least 60 minutes.
5. Place wooden skewers in warm water for about 20 minutes to avoid burning in the oven.
6. Preheat oven to 450°F.
7. Thread the pieces of chicken/tofu onto a skewer. Once the skewer is full, repeat with the other skewers until all the chicken/tofu is threaded.