Nothing says sweater weather like pumpkin everything. So why not a cookie too? Put that annual spice blend to good use with these fluffy pumpkin pillows of goodness.
Yields 20-24 cookies | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 18-20 minutes
For the topping: 1/4 cup granulated sugar 1 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
For the cookie: 1/2 cup butter, softened (plant-based/margarine for vegan) 3/4 cup coconut sugar 1 tsp vanilla 2/3 cup canned pumpkin puree 3/4 cup all purpose flour 1 1/3 cup almond flour 1/3 cup cornstarch 2 tsp baking powder 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice 1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, combine the granulated sugar and pumpkin pie spice and whisk until evenly mixed. Set aside.
3. In a separate medium-sized bowl, combine butter, coconut sugar and vanilla and beat using an electric mixer until throughly mixed. Add the pumpkin puree and beat until light and fluffy.
4. Add remaining ingredients (flours, cornstarch, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt) and beat with mixer on low until well combined.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
6. One at a time, divide dough into tablespoon sized portions and roll between your hands to form a ball. The dough will be soft to be careful when forming. Roll each ball in the sugar/spice mixture and place, evenly spaced, on the baking sheet.
7. Using a flat bottomed glass or a spatula, press each cookie down gently to slightly flatten.
8. Bake for 18-20 minutes until puffy. Transfer to a wired cooling rack and allow to cool.