These naturally gluten-free crowd favorites are a big hit with a little ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate. Week night dessert anyone?
Yields 8-12 cookies | Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes
2 cups raw cashews 1/4 cup maple syrup 1 tsp vanilla extract 1/4 tsp salt 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a food processor, grind the cashews down until they become a smooth nut butter consistency (I like leaving mine a bit crunchy for texture)
3. Add maple syrup, vanilla and salt to the cashew butter and blend well.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drop cookie batter onto the sheet in dollops. (I use a soup spoon and typically get about 10-12 cookies to a batch.)
6. Bake 10 minutes. Allow to cool a few minutes before enjoying.