How can you NOT have a lasagna recipe at the ready? Well here's one and it's a healthier alternative than your typical Italian staple.
Yields 4-6 servings | Prep Time: 30 minutes | Cook Time: 50 minutes
8 oven ready lasagna noodles (I use these) 1 lb ground chicken or turkey, cooked 1 tsp dried basil 1 cup Herbed Ricotta Cheese 16 oz Tomato Basil Sauce 1 cup (8 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese 2 oz grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Combine chicken and ricotta cheese, mixing until combined.
Assembling the layers:
3. Spread 1/3 cup sauce on the bottom of a 9x9 baking dish.
4. Layer in order: 2 noodles, 1/3 cup sauce, 1/3 of the chicken mixture, 1/4 cup mozzarella and 2 tsp of Parmesan. Repeat for 2 more layers.
5. Top with 2 more noodles (run under water briefly to help them soften while baking), 1/4 cup mozzarella and 2 tsp of Parmesan.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 45 mins.
7. Remove foil and broil on high for 5 mins. Allow to cool for 5-10 mins and enjoy!