No Mac and Cheese
This is a wonderful gluten-free option for those holiday dinners that beg for an upgrade from the traditional dishes.
Yields 6 servings | Prep Time: 25 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes
1 large head cauliflower, broken into bite-sized florets 1 small onion, minced 1/4 tsp minced garlic 3 tbsp butter or coconut oil 1 can (13.6 ounces) coconut milk 2 tbsp coconut flour 1/2 tsp dry mustard 1/4 tsp Kosher salt 2 cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter or coconut oil. Cook the onion, stirring for five minutes or until lightly browned.
2. Add the garlic and cook one more minute. Stir in the coconut flour and cook, stirring constantly for three minutes or until lightly browned.
3. Stir in the coconut milk, mustard, and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
4. Remove from heat and and stir in the cheddar and cauliflower until blended. Pour into greased baking dish.
5. Sprinkle Parmesan over the mixture and bake 30 minutes or until bubbling and lightly browned.
Note: If you wish to add the flaxseed, combine it with the Parmesan before sprinkling it atop the dish.